SwitchBot, the creator of smart home products, recently send us some of their new innovative products to review. The first of their products that was unboxed was the Switch HUB Plus that is an all-in-1 smart IR remote control plus a Bluetooth to Wi-Fi gateway for SwitchBot’s products.
SwitchBot HUB Plus features include:
- Pairing your air conditioner, TV, and any appliance to the Hub Plus with the SwitchBot App. Toss out all IR remotes.
- Controlling your entire smart home by asking SwitchBot to communicate with Alexa, Google Assistant and more.
- Integration of the Hub Plus to IFTTT, and tailored the use cases to your needs. Best choice for DIY and creative makers.
- Access to any appliance on your mobile phone and Internet, with a gentle press. Turn on air conditioner remotely, make room cool before arriving home.
- Ability to give all your nearby SwitchBots (the Bots) access to Wi-Fi, Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT and enable remote control.
- A spinning rainbow cloud night light were you can pick your favorite from 16 million.
SwitchBot HUB Plus Review:
Within the box you will find the HUB Plus, Power Outlet, and Quick Start Guide.
Setting up the SwitchBot HUB Plus was simple. After connecting the power cord and turn on the device the next step is to download the SwitchBot app for pairing. As you can see in my demo video below, after downloading the app and setting up the account I powered on HUB Plus to begin pairing.
To pair to your WIFI, make sure you have your pin & password to your home wireless network. After putting in that information it didn’t take long for my smartphone to sync with the HUB Plus. With the HUB Plus, you will notice you are connected when it turns all rainbows.
If it doesn’t work on the back of the device there is a reset button next to the on/off/auto switch. Once it’s synced, within the app you can now add devices, set preferences like color or set a schedule.
The 3 Ways to add new appliance (AC, TV, etc.) to the SwitchBot App include:
- Smart learning (recommended): The Hub Plus may identify the appliance from your existing remote automatically.
- Manual selection: Select your appliance’s brand and model number in the library, or try each stored code scheme under your appliance brand to find a closest match.
- Customized: Create a customized device by learning each button of your existing remote one by one.
We also received the SwitchBot Bot 3A and the Thermometer/Hydrometer to review as well. We will be doing a product review for both to show you all how to connect devices with the HUB Plus.
SwitchBot HUB Plus Product Specs Include:
- 120 x 78 x 35 mm
- 73g (excluding accelories)
- 802.11 b/g/n
- 2.4GHz only
- Version: 4.2 or higher
- Range: up to 80m in the open field
- Feature: Patented low power BLE mesh
- Learning Mode: Smart Learning, Manual Selection, Customized (DIY)
- Compatibility: Direct support for more than 5,000 brands of Air Conditioner, TV, fan, etc. Customize mode for any other devices.
- Range: up to 10 meters, vertical 360 degree, horizontal 180 degree.
- Input: AC 100V-240V~, 50/60 Hz 0.25A
- Output: DC 5V 1A
- Type: US, UK, EU, AU
The SwitchBot HUB Plus retails for $49.00 on Amazon or $99.00 that includes the HUB Plus and 2 Bots on the SwitchBot site located here: https://www.switch-bot.com/hub-plus. To learn more about SwitchBot please visit: https://www.switch-bot.com/.