As SXSW 2018 approaches there are several updates on Speakers added and deadlines for participation in SXSW events and festivals. The newest additions scheduled to speak at SXSW 2018 include Tim O’Reilly (author of WTF? What’s the Future and Why It’s Up to Us), Elaine Welteroth (Editor-in-Chief of Teen Vogue) and Savan Kotecha (songwriter for The Weeknd, Katy Perry, Maroon 5 and other chart-topping artists).
Other recently announced speakers include Ta-Nehisi Coates (author), Mark Cuban (Shark Tank), Audrey Gelman (The Wing), Dr. Fei-Fei Li (Google Cloud), Joseph Lubin (Ethereum), Charlie Rose (60 Minutes), Hasan Minhaj (The Daily Show), Alisa Vitti (Flo Living) and many more.
Register before the end of the day on Friday, September 8 to save more than 35% on the walkup rate. After buying your badge, book your hotel room via SXSW Housing and Travel.
Per SXSW staff they have contracted rooms at some of Austin’s finest hotels to provide the broadest selection of rooms at the best available rates for SXSW 2018 from March 9-18 in Austin, Texas. Experience all that SXSWeek has to offer and keep in mind that hotel rates are significantly lower for check-in after Tuesday, March 13 when several SXSW Conference tracks and the SXSW Music Festival are in full swing. Options that are even more budget-friendly can be booked at dozens of central hotels at the lowest SXSW rates.
To book your hotel after registering or help on how to book a room for SXSW 2018 click here.
SXSW has more updates and news listed below:
- The deadline for entries for the SXSW Music Festival is Friday, September 8
- Propose your installation for the SXSW Art Program before the Friday, September 8 deadline
- Don’t miss the official Friday, September 22 deadline for SXSW Film Festival submissions
- “What is real and what is fake?” Essays for the David Carr Prize due by Friday, October 13
- Leverage March Magic by entering your incredible new startup in the SXSW Accelerator® Pitch Event
- The SXSW Interactive Innovation Awards honor the year’s most creative new digital projects
- From the Job Market to the Trade Show, learn more about all the 2018 SXSW Exhibitions
DO NOT FORGET tomorrow is the last day to get 35% discount versus the walk up rate. Register for SXSW 2018 here.
Sign up for SXSW Event Updates and follow them on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to stay up-to-date on the latest SXSW happenings.
Lastly help the SXSW community by supporting their Hurricane Harvey relief efforts at redcross.org/sxsw. For more information about SXSW click here.