spin4 crohn’s & colitis is an indoor cycling relay to raise funds for The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation. The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to finding the cures for Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis, and to improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. About 1.6 million adults and children are effective by this debilitating and chronic disease, including myself.
When I found out about spin4 crohn’s & colitis I thought the initiative was genius! What a great way to help your friends and family that struggle with IBD while working out.
Currently there are events in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Long iIsland, Los Angeles, Orange County, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Twin Cities, Or Washington Dc. If you don’t see your city, you can ride where you live! For more information about riding in your city that is not listed click here.
In order to get started you will need to review the below instructions along with tips on how to fund raise.
- Register on spin4 crohn’s & colitis site
- Participants can either register themselves, join a team, or start a team.
- Participants must reserve a bike on spin4 crohn’s & colitis site
- There is a $40 registration fee and up to 4 people per bike can ride.
- Riders can either ride solo for the entire 2 hours.
- The ride length is determined by the size of your team.
- Training is optional.
- Raise money
Raising money for any charity is a task at hand. It’s difficult to ask your friends and family annually to donate our cause. For the relay each bike has a commitment of $1,000. Donators or relay participants can also choose the $2,500 level for a front row bike & vip experience.
Below are helpful fundraising tips per the spin4 site:
- Make a self donation
- Show your supporters you believe in the cause, make your first donation!
- Share our mission
- Educate yourself on the mission and tell your donors where the money goes.
- Just ask
- Make a list. Then pick your approach — letter, email, phone call, or social media? A layered approach is best use multiple methods.
- Get personal
- We spin4 crohn’s & colitis cures. What do you spin4? Let everyone know why you’re involved by sharing photos and videos.
- Be patient, and ask again. Remind people why you’re participating and send a photo of your team.
- Say thank you
- It’s important to thank your donors. They are the reason we’re able to fund our research. Download thank you cards from your participant center.
- Use your participant center
- We have tools ranging from sample letters, thank you cards, and fundraising event ideas. Sign-in to utilize these materials.
- Corporate & Matching Gifts
- Get creative
- Turn your interests into a team fundraising event. Check out your participant center to see what others have done to raise funds.
- Get ready to spin4 after you are all signed up but here are more guidelines you should know about as well.
- Participants can ride as hard or as easy as you’d like.
- Each team has a “captain.”
- Teams can be as small or large as you’d like.
- Team examples include:
- ride solo for 2 hours. 1 person. 1 bike. raise $1,000.
- 2 hours (total). 4 people. 1 bike. 30 minutes ride (each). raise $1,000.
- 2 hours. 12 people. 3 bikes. 30 minute ride each. raise $3,000.
After you participate you get the below goodies for all your hard work!
- An event shirt you’ll actually want to wear
- A super soft towel
- Ability to earn more swag once you reach VIP
Source: CCFA.Org, spin4 crohn’s & colitis, wikipedia