Today during Pepcom’s HomeNow media event, CookingPal, a smart kitchen solutions brand, showcased their newest product, the Multo, an intelligent, autonomous cooking system. The system includes a Smart Kitchen Hub that suggests meals and provides step-by-step guides to following recipes and a Smart Kitchen Appliance.
With Multo™, users can simply select a meal from one of its many recipes, add ingredients to the bowl as it instructs and sit back and let Multo™ do the rest. It will weigh, chop, knead, mix, cook and steam food until a meal is ready. When finished, it will even wash itself up!
At the heart of the system is the Smart Kitchen Hub, a tailormade tablet optimized for the tough kitchen environment but portable for use anywhere in the home. It controls the kitchen appliance and allows users to browse Multo™’s growing catalog of recipes created and tested by professional chefs exclusively for CookingPal®.
The Smart Kitchen Hub provides users with step-by-step video guides to prepare recipes, it will also help them find their next favorite meal by providing recipe recommendations that factor in most viewed and cooked recipes. Multo™ stores recently made recipes and allows users to save their favorites so they can easily revisit recipes as needed.
When hands get messy, the touch-screen tablet features a large physical jog dial that provides familiar haptic feedback. In addition to the Smart Kitchen Hub, much of Multo™’s functionality can be accessed by the dedicated CookingPal® app (currently available in iOS).
The Smart Kitchen Appliance is one of the most sophisticated in the world and able to handle a myriad of cooking tasks with complete autonomy. As versatile as any professional chef, Multo™ has over ten culinary functions including chopping, mixing, kneading, steaming and cooking. It can also weigh ingredients with a built-in scale, regulate heat settings and self-time every step of the meal prep.
Multo Smart Kitchen Appliance Features
- Design: Sleek, contemporary compact design (17.3 x 12.2 x 14.5 inches / 440 x 310 x 370 mm) with a stainless steel bowl that has a 3.1 QT / 3 L capacity. All-in-one base with scale up to 175 oz / 3 kgs accurate to 0.25 oz / 5 g, powerful motor with 10 speeds up to 5200 RPM and heating unit that cooks up to 265 °F / 130 °C.
- Modes: Multo™’s capabilities include chopping, mixing, blending, knead, steaming, sautéing, weighing, warming, cooking, cleaning and more.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n 2.4g and Bluetooth BT 4.2
- Cleaning and Care: Multo™’s bowl is dishwasher safe or can self-clean simply by adding dish soap and water to the bowl and setting it to clean mode.
Smart Kitchen Hub Features
- Design: 8.9” touch screen tablet with jog dial and portable stand. Durable features to withstand tough kitchen environments.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4/5g and Bluetooth BT 4.2
- Recipes: An always-growing database of chef-tested recipes. There will be 100 recipes available to start with five recipes added each week.
- Personalization: Cook history and favorite recipes will be stored for easy access. Users can update recipes with notes and photos at every step to revisit the next time they cook the same meal.
- Camera: Camera built in the back of the tablet allows users to take photos of their prepared dishes and store them in their cook history.
- App: Accompanying iOS app that will also connect with all future CookingPal® appliances as well as other smart home devices and apps to create the ultimate connected kitchen. Users can manage Multo™ with the app and even track the status of recipes being prepared and get update notifications.
Multo™ by CookingPal® is available for preorder for $799 at www.CookingPal.com. The intelligent cooking system will be commercially available in July at an increased price.
Source: CookingPal, Pepcom