Apple’s World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC) was all this week and had several different announcements on iOS 11, WatchOS 4, HomePod, iPad Pro, iMac Pro, and a preview of the newly redesigned Apple App Store yet nothing on the iPhone 8!
The iPhone 8 is rumored to be released in September with very little information unveiled on what new features and specs to be included in the new iPhone. This release will be the 10 year anniversary for the iPhone and expectations are high. This will also be sentimental launch for Apple and a celebration of ten years of the iPhone.
Taking a look back on the first launch of the iPhone 1 and the evolution to the iPhone 7 it is astounding how far the product line has come. One only hopes the new iPhone 8 Apple will continue their tradition of innovation we all know and love.
After surfing for any rumors about the iPhone 8 I stumbled upon an informative article by Justin Jaffe from CNET on specs we might see on the iPhone 8. The below specs may not all be on the new iPhone 8 and speculation at this point however it does give consumers an idea of what may be included on the iPhone 8.*
- Three new models including two minor “S” upgrades plus an all-new iPhone 8
- Home button and Touch ID embedded in the display or located on back
- New Touch ID featuring face or iris scanning
- Curved, edge-to-edge OLED display with True Tone technology, possibly with Ion-X glass
- Facial recognition via LG’s new 3D sensor technology
- AirPods ($209.98 at Amazon Marketplace) come included
- Wireless charging
- Dual-lens camera, possibly in a vertical configuration and/or with AR capabilities
- Support for the Apple Pencil
- USB-C replacing Apple’s Lightning connector
- Enhanced water resistance
- Higher quality earpiece for louder, clearer audio
- Apple’s next-generation processor (the A10X or A11)
- Stainless steel and glass body
- Upgraded storage starting at 64GB and 3GB of RAM
- Intel or Qualcomm modem
- iOS 11 (preview)
- Priced between $850 and $1,099 (roughly £650 to £900, or AU$1,150 to AU$1,500)
In true Apple style they will have us guessing on what the new iPhone 8 will bring to the ever changing world of technology. As of now we can only speculate and wait till their announcement in September 2017.
Source: Apple Justin Jaffe from CNET, Wikipedia, Google, WWDC
*Specs listed are only industry speculation and not confirmed all of them will be on the new iPhone 8.