Renting a car rather it be business or pleasure normally isn’t a simple task. The lines and renting process seems to always take forever leaving you exhausted before you even start your excursion. During your upcoming trip where a rental car is needed, we suggest looking into the Turo App. Turo is a car sharing marketplace where travelers can rent any car they want, wherever they want it, from a community of local car owners. The cars that are available range from budget-friendly to luxurious cars depending on the location.
This is how the Turo App works for renters:
- Sign up for Turo with Facebook, Google, or your email. We’ll confirm your identity and eligibility so you can become an approved driver.
- Enter your travel dates and location and search our vast selection of unique, locally-owned cars.
- Book the car and the owner will confirm or decline your trip within eight hours, but typically it’s much sooner. Book cars instantly on listings with the “Book Instantly” badge.
- Meet the car owner to pick up the car. Many owners offer delivery, so they may bring it right to you.
- Walk around the car, show them your license and exchange the keys.
- When you are ready to return the car replace the gas you used and meet the owner to drop off the car. Walk around the car again and return the keys.
This is how the Turo App works for “Hosts” wanting to list and rent their car:
- Create a free listing that describes your car and upload some clean photos. Be sure to keep your calendar up to date so travelers know when your car is available.
- You’ll get notified when someone requests, or books your car instantly. Confirm or decline the trip as soon as possible, and contact the traveler if you have any questions.
- Coordinate where and when you’ll meet your guest. Check their license, walk around the car, check the fuel and mileage.
- Turo covers your car with $1 million in liability insurance and 24/7 roadside assistance throughout the trip.
- Turo will set your car’s rental price based on market value, location, time of year, and other data sets to maximize your income and boost your listing’s competitiveness or you can manually set your own daily price.
- Turo will pay you via direct deposit within five days. You’ll earn 65% to 85% of the trip price, depending on the vehicle protection package you choose.
- If you have commercial rental insurance to cover you, your car, and your customers and would like to waive vehicle protection provided via Turo, you earn 90% of the trip price.
- If the market value of your car is $20,000, days per month your car is rented 15 times throughout the year you could earn $6,501 per year using Turo
- In the fall of 2018 Turo will be launching their “Discover Turo Go” feature that will allow Turo hosts to remotely unlock their vehicles for their guests, track mileage, and more.
I downloaded the Turo App since I will be going on vacation soon and need a car rental for a couple days. I used my facebook account and within minutes I was checking out cars I could rent in Miami. Since I never splurge on car rentals I was curious what high-end cars they have available in South Beach. I was certainly impressed as I found a 2018 Maserati Ghibli for only $100.00 or a 2014 Jaguar F-Type for $159.00!