Announced today, for the holiday season Remezcla is teaming up with 10 Latino-owned brands for a one-of-a-kind collaboration to raise money for immigrant rights group Make the Road New York. Make the Road New York builds the power of immigrant and working-class communities to achieve dignity and justice. Remezcla is continuing with its mission of uplifting immigrant communities by tapping into up-and-coming and established designers to produce their individual takes on the phrase “sin fronteras,” or without borders.
Remezcla enlisted several of the most influential and exciting Latino-owned brands across the United States and Mexico to come together in solidarity for one cause in one unique collection. Each creator has designed an interpretation of the words sin fronteras in a six-color palette inspired by Make the Road’s logo.
Collaborating designers include:
- Amor Prohibido LA was started by Bryan Escareño as a way to represent his culture from his own perspective and past.
- Equihua is a Los Angeles brand led by Brenda Equihua dedicated to telling stories through clothing.
- Meltdown is a CDMX collective made up of visual artists, animators, producers, and designers.
- Nepantla is an East Austin studio and gallery run by Claudia Aparicio Gamundi.
- Never Made is the alias of Francisco Reyes, Jr., an LA-based artist with more than a decade of experience.
- Sánchez-Kane is a fashion brand created by Bárbara Sánchez-Kane, a visual artist from Mexico City.
- Tamara Santibañez is a multidisciplinary artist from New York known for her tattoo work.
- Tony Delfino launched in 2008 as a hobby and has grown into one of the most established Mexican-owned streetwear brands.
- Willy Chavarria is an NYC-based brand inspired by Chicano culture.
- Young Ultra is a four-year-old Mexico City-based brand that uses clothing to explore contemporary Mexican imagery.
The collection will be comprised of one sweatshirt and one T-shirt, available in two colorways. T-shirts are $40 and hoodies are $95. The capsule will drop on December 16, 2019, at 1 p.m. ET. They’ll be exclusively available for purchase at http://store.remezcla.com/. All net proceeds will go to Make the Road New York.
Remezcla is a rapidly growing independent publisher. Founded in 2006, Remezcla was the first premium digital destination for young, bicultural Latinos. Today, it reaches an audience of 40 million. The brand has become the go-to, on-the-pulse source to discover fresh Latino culture. Remezcla is also the preferred partner for leading brands interested in creating relevant content and experiences for a new generation of Latinos.
THE ROAD NEW YORK
Make the Road New York (MRNY) builds the power of immigrant and working-class communities to achieve dignity and justice through organizing, policy innovation, transformative education and survival services. We are the largest immigrant base-building group in New York with over 24,000 members. We operate welcoming storefront community centers in the heart of immigrant communities in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island and Westchester.
Source: Remezcla, Amor Prohibido LA, Young Ultra, Equihua, Meltdown, Nepantla, Never Made, Sánchez-Kane, Tamara Santibañez, Tony Delfino, Willy Chavarria