The Media Excellence Awards (MEA) “Mobile Wearable Competition” deadline has been extended to May 15th. This means startups and companies still have a chance to enter their wearable products into the Mobile Wearable Competition that will take place on May 23rd at the Skirball Center in Los Angeles.
Per MEA they are looking for the most innovative and compelling mobile wearable product for its Annual Mobile Wearable Competition, in conjunction with Haute Tech and Building the Future. At the competition, MEA will bring 8 startups together to compete for the MEA Excellence in Mobile Wear award. Each company accepted will have the chance to pitch in front of a panel of top technology execs as well as the audience who will have a say in voting on the best product in real time. The MEA Excellence in Mobile Wear award will be honored to the company who has best worked diligently to make a difference in Mobile Wear or inspired others to innovate and lead the industry and the mobile tech community at large. Below are the requirements and information needed for the Mobile Wearable Competition per MEA.
In Order to Qualify for the Mobile Wearable Competition:
- Must have an actual product
- Beta form of a product is okay
- Send 5-6 widgets/products for their judges to review
- One sheet overview of product for audience participation
- Note: There is no submission fee
The Winners of the Mobile Wearable Competition Will Receive:
- The official title and crystal award will also be officially presented at the 11th Annual MEAs in December.
- Comp’d MEA submission for another category of choice
- Exclusive interview on the show “Building the Future” and profiled on the site as Mobile Tech Company of the month. (BTF reaches over 7M tech industry leaders and influencers)
Judging of the Mobile Wearable Competition:
The panel of judges will interact with the products leading up to the event and score based on usage, practicality, aesthetic and overall innovation. The judge’s scores counts for 75% and audience scores counts for 25%.
To submit your innovative wearable product please visit: http://mediaxawards.com/about-us/viprequest/. For more information on the Mobile Wearable Competition or MEA, in general, please visit: www.mediaxawards.com/. Good Luck to all those that enter!