Today, CONCENSUM announced THE CONCENSUM GLOBAL COPYRIGHT REGISTER, the first worldwide registry based on blockchain technology that connects photography and image copyrights with their respective authors to protect their assets worldwide. Per their press release THE CONCENSUM REGISTER is live now and available for free to all copyright owners to protect photos and other images from theft at https://concensum.org.
CONCENSUM is the first registry available worldwide for digital assets. It solves the issue of a non-existent globally accepted copyright registry for images. Before CONCENSUM, proving ownership of digital images was extremely difficult, since metadata is routinely stripped by websites, search engines, and social media platforms. With CONCENSUM, photographers and graphic designers now have an easy way to register their images online. This puts an end to one of the defenses employed by people who use images online without paying — that they don’t know who owns the photos. By using CONCENSUM’s worldwide registry, photographers and other content providers now have an easy way to register and track their digital content online and get the compensation they deserve.
CONCENSUM’s blockchain is public and can potentially also be used by third parties to create registers for digital music, videos, and more. It has already received worldwide recognition, including the attention of the University of Applied Sciences in Berlin, where CONCENSUM participated in the university’s “Blockchain Summit” and collaborated on case studies.
A major benefit of the CONCENSUM GLOBAL COPYRIGHT REGISTER is that it is safe and easy to use. Before registering the first image, each user will go through an authentication procedure via video identification. After images are registered, CONCENSUM provides the user with a certificate for each registered image. Certificate validity can be confirmed online and every single piece of information in the certificate can be referenced, checked, and validated with CONCENSUM’s three levels of validation. More information about CONCENSUM validation is available at: https://concensum.org/en/validation/detailed-validation.
- Fast – Level 1: the certificate is validated on the basis of its 16-digit registration number. The certificate is then either confirmed as valid or not valid.
- Detailed – Level 2: the certificate is validated in detail on the basis of the data and checksums it contains. Every single piece of information in the certificate is checked and validated.
- Manual – Level 3: this is the best approach if the user wants to customize validation information. With this level of validation, detailed documentation is provided on how to validate the certificate and the data it contains without using CONCENSUM’s services.
CONCENSUM Key Features:
- A global, decentralized copyright registry.
- Proof of identity & rights.
- Immutable, blockchain based technology.
- GDPR compliant data storage.
- Certificate of rights.
- Multiple transparent validations.
CONCENSUM evolved from an ICO (Initial Coin Offering) in cooperation with COPYTRACK, a leading international image copyright enforcer, and is the first worldwide available registry for photos and images open for digital assets, including tracking. For more information about CONCENSUM, please visit https://concensum.org/ or https://concensum.org/en/faq/. More information about COPYTRACK, see: https://www.copytrack.com.