Audeze, the premium audio brand, has announced their latest planar magnetic driver, studio-quality headphones, the MM-100, in collaboration with 17-time Grammy-winning engineer/producer Manny Marroquin. Available for pre-order, the MM-100 features a new lightweight chassis to bring unprecedented levels of quality and reliability to a wide range of audio professionals and enthusiasts.
Based on MM-500, the MM-100 carries forward the highly regarded tuning from Audeze’s 90mm planar magnetic drivers. The headphones low-impedance drivers make the MM-100 easy to drive from any console, interface, or laptop. The newly-designed chassis features premium materials but weighs only 375 grams, ensuring comfort over long sessions.
“I’m so excited to make studio-quality sound available to a broader audience,” stated Manny Marroquin. “Everyone working in audio needs a headphone they can rely on, inside or outside the studio,” he added.
Audeze MM-100 Key Features:
- Industry-tested and refined by top recording artists at would-famous Larrabee Studios in Hollywood
- Carefully tuned for accuracy across the audible frequency spectrum to deliver consistent results professionals can rely on
- Audeze’s Uniforce™ diaphragms, Fazor™ waveguides and Fluxor™ Magnets provide great clarity with class-leading low distortion, and high efficiency to excel with a wide range of audio equipment and techniques
- Lightweight, premium chassis with magnesium/aluminum housing, gel-filled leather earpads, suspension strap, and spring-steel headband for long-term durability and comfort; folds flat for storage or travel
- Style: Over-ear (circumaural), open-back
- Transducer Type: Planar Magnetic
- Transducer Size: 90 mm
- Diaphragm Type: Ultra-Thin Uniforce™
- Magnetic Structure: Fluxor™ Magnet Array
- Magnet Type: Neodymium N50
- Phase Management: Fazor™
- Earpads: Synthetic Leather / Foam
- Weight: 375g
- Frequency response: 10Hz-50kHz
- THD: <0.1% (@ 1 kHz, 1mW)
Audeze’s MM-100 is assembled in the U.S.A. and will retail for $399, with first shipments expected in May. To pre-order visit: https://www.audeze.com/products/mm-100.
Audeze LLC is the California-based high-end audio manufacturer delivering the most accurate sound reproduction available today. Audeze products, engineered with the latest innovations in materials science and technology, are built with precision craftsmanship. Audeze’s commitment to research, development, and uncompromised audio is reflected in every facet of their leading-edge products. This has earned Audeze the distinction of being the world’s best-reviewed headphone brand. To learn more visit: https://www.audeze.com.
ABOUT Manny Marroquin
Manny Marroquin is a seventeen-time Grammy-winning mix engineer working with the industry’s most notable names, including Kanye West, Post Malone, Alicia Keys, Bruno Mars, and The Rolling Stones. Marroquin’s work has been featured on more than 250 albums as well as forty #1 albums, one hundred Billboard Top 10 albums, and over forty singles in the top 10. Most recently, Marroquin’s work earned him a 2023 Grammy win for Record of the Year with Lizzo.
Source: Audeze, Manny Marroquin