If you’re a bride to be and on a budget this contest sponsored by Cheap Chic and Quilted Northern Rolls may be worth your time to enter. If you can use toilet paper to make a beautiful wedding dress you just might win $10,000!
As a former bride the wedding budget you commit yourself to after you got engaged is drastically increased or doubled as the big comes closer. Cutting corners and entering as many bride-to-be contests was my best hope to make my wedding special but on a budget.
This week Cheap Chic Weddings announced their NEW Presenting Sponsor Quilted Northern Toilet Paper! I had no idea about this contest or that it has been around since 2004. The Cheap Chic Weddings Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest has challenged creative minds from across the country to create a wearable, on-trend wedding dress and headpiece from only toilet paper, glue, tape and needle and thread. Quilted Northern® is contributing their toilet paper which is new to the contest.
This contest is no joke; but what happens when it rains? I suppose an outdoor wedding would not work for these great and innovative dresses.
Below are more elaborate details and information for the contest:
- Contestants have until June 5, 2017 to submit their paper masterpieces.
- Top ten entries will be chosen then online voting will be open to the public.
- The top ten dresses and their designers will be flown to New York City to participate in a live fashion show finale event at a fabulous Peerspace.com event space in New York City on July 20, 2017 where the top three winners will be chosen.
- All photos and an Official Entry form are to be submitted to Cheap Chic Weddings at TPDresscontest@gmail.com by June 5, 2017 at 11:00 PM EST. There is no entry fee. The Judging Panel at Cheap Chic Weddings will judge the initial digital photo entries.
- Official contest rules along with lots of other wedding cost saving tips and information can be found at www.Cheap-Chic-Weddings.com
- The Grand Prize winner will receive $10,000, the second place winner will receive $5000 and the third place winner will receive $2500.
At the Finale Event, the dress entries will be judged by Cheap Chic Weddings founders, a representative from Quilted Northern®, a representative from Sponsor Ripley’s Believe It or Not! and celebrity guest judges Jenna Ushkowitz, Actor, Singer, Producer and Author as well as Mikie Russo, Celebrity Party Planner and Lifestyle Expert.
Brides-to-be bust out the sheers and make a bridal gown of toilet paper and enter the contest. Good Luck to all that enter and definitely send me some picture via twitter of your final gown.