As the Holidays and New Year approach these beauty products are key to bring in 2018. Continue Reading →
Happy Cyber Week! I recall a time when it was just Cyber Monday for holiday shopping but nowadays it has expanded to an entire week of online shopping! In lieu of our typical cyber Monday post and gift guide we have created a list of great deals to experience throughout the week! Continue Reading →
I have wrote several articles about beGlammed’s services for over 2 years, HUGE FAN! beGlammed currently is the leading on-demand beauty service that delivers professional hairstylists and makeup artists straight to your door. For a while they were the only app that offered these services. beGlammed, Charles & Colvard and friends have teamed up to give you the wedding you’ve always dreamed of with more than $10,000 in prizes. Continue Reading →
BeGlammed has been on the scene for more than two years when it comes to stylist that come to the client instead of the client going to the salon with not much competition. They NOW have competition and they have more offerings than BeGlammed.
Mother’s Day is this weekend and you still have time to get something online for the mom in your life. This years Mother’s Day gift guide is a great blend of fashion and technology more so than previous years guides. It also includes low budget items as well as high-end products.
Below is our 2017 Mother’s Day annual guide with links and pricing:
Recently New Zealand Importer Pacific Resources International introduced their new Cruelty-Free Manuka Honey Lip Balm made from all natural organic ingredients. Though this lip balm is an inexpensive gift if you pair it with the other body care Manuka honey products you will have a nice unique gift for moms that likes organic or natural products. What makes the Manuka Honey Body Care products unique is that the honey is from New Zealand and imported directly to the United States. To check out all their body care products or to purchase click here. Continue Reading →
I hope everyone is getting ready and excited for the best SXSW ever in ATX! The show each year becomes bigger and attracts more people to Austin.
If you are like me during SXSW you are between the Austin Convention Center and different events outside the convention center and working 24/7. The past two years it has rained non-stop plus they always make you leave your umbrella at the door (which means say good bye to my umbrella). I know what it’s like to not have some key beauty products and walking around SXSW with my make-up running down my face (aka Raccoon Face) on my way to a meeting.
Below are some tips I have learned to survive beautifully during SXSW. I normally stick to beauty products from Sephora but I recently had a tour of the new Origin’s Austin store and it made me become a fan after using some of their products.
- Origin’s Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Micellar Cleanser This product is amazing and I use it daily. It’s a daily cleanser that you don’t need water to remove dirt and make-up. It’s not abrasive since it doesn’t contain alcohol and the next morning you will be glowing! It’s only $30.00 and you can get here on the Origins site.
- Origin’s Renewal Serum with Willowherb– This serum is great and I use it daily after using the Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Micellar Cleanser to make my skin look radiant the next day after a long day at SXSW. Origin’s Renewal Serum with Willowherb also will shrink pours and minimize flaws so you look vibrant throughout SXSW.
As I have stated before Austin weather is unpredictable for instance it was 80 degrees in February. Face powder or minerals and SPF is a MUST!
- ENHANCEMENTS Mineral Peptides SPF 20 supports skin’s resiliency to environmental aggressors and irritants and provides sun protection, while light deflecting minerals immediately even skin tone and reduce redness. Get this it is also available in Light, Medium and Bronze shades, with a retractable anti-bacterial Kabuki brush (sold separately). Click here to find our more and order this amazing product. This should also be a daily regiment during SXSW.
I’m always a fan of companies that support any cause. I have Pan Ulcerative Colitis and my cause (Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America) is supported by BeautyKind so I was on board with all their products immediately. BeautyKind is a new kind of online retailer that allows you to buy the brands you love and discover new favorites, all while supporting the cause of your choice.
- Gorgeous Cosmetics: DOUBLE DUTY BEAUTY KIT AM to PM set gives you the opportunity to transform your “day” look for your “evening” look with this unique kit and perfect for on the go at SXSW. To check out what the kit and includes and what cause you want to choose click here.
If you like wearing eye liner and mascara (like I do) forget about it lasting in Austin unless it’s waterproof; if it’s raining, humid or hot if it’s not waterproof it will not hold up to Austin’s weather.
- Stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner that you can get from Sephora is your best friend and most lasting. It comes in several colors and you can create any shape from thin to sharp to Smokey eyes. I swear this eyeliner lasts a full day if not two regardless of weather conditions.
- Stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Volumizing Mascara which you can also get at Sephora which is one of the best mascaras because not only it is waterproof but it add volume to your lashes. I use this product on those rainy days and one day someone asked if I had fake eyelashes…nope it’s just the awesome Stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Volumizing Mascara. That’s testimony right there!
I am a huge fan of lip glosses and stains but it’s hard to maintain as you go from meeting to event to after party. As a gloss connoisseur I have had many (and lost many) but the below gloss is perfect for SXSW.
- Lucrative Lip Gloss combines gloss with a mirror conveniently on the side of it so you can stay on top of how your lips look during SXSW. If you would like more information about Lucrative Lip Gloss or interested in purchasing it click here. I have personally tested out the Lucrative Lip Gloss and love it; a definite staple in my purse!
For those not from Austin it is one sunny city if it’s not raining. Since most SXSW events are not all at the convention center anymore there is a lot of commuting outdoors to different venues. Sunglasses that are trendy and functional. I am a fan of Aspire Eyewear especially since they are durable and they are so light in weight. Below is just an example of one of their sunglasses since they have a lot of variety.
- The ASPIRE ACCLAIMED sunglasses in the smoke yellow face is one of their models that makes you look cool, has SDN-4 (nylon polymer) technology, it has stainless steel end pieces, screwless hinges and polycarbonate UV 400 lenses with flash mirror lens coating. I don’t think it gets better than that when you are shopping around for quality but trendy sunglasses. If you want more information or would like to purchase the ASPIRE ACCLAIMED click here.
I learned about Rejuvenating Dry Shampoo right before my CES (Consumer Electronic Show) trip and it was a serious life saver (especially when you are in Vegas and you may have stayed out till 5AM). The below Rejuvenating Dry Shampoo could be your best friend during SXSW.
- NEXXUS YOUTH RENEWAL REJUVENATING DRY SHAMPOO is one of the best Rejuvenating Dry Shampoos on the market. It does a great job refreshing limp, oily stands and it contains Argan oil which helps smooth fried ends and flyaways. If you are interested in this or any other survival of SXSW Nexxus products click here.
Let’s face it ladies when you are busy and running from one event to another for SXSW your perfume seems to vanish by mid-day. Fashion and style blogger Ariana Pierce has a great YouTube video out that shows you how to make your perfume last all day. Please see Ariana Pierce’s “How To” video below.
One last tip if you have no time to beautify yourself before an event try out beGlammed who comes directly to you to fancy you up!
Stay Gorgeous ladies and hope to see some of you guys at SXSW. If you see me wondering around stop by and say hi!
Happy early Valentine’s Day. After the launch of Hi-Tech Chic I have been getting allot more fun beauty products to test out. Some of these products I never even heard of till recently so I thought I would share the love with all my girls getting ready for their Valentine’s Day date. Continue Reading →
I love the holidays especially all the fun cocktail parties but they can be stressful especially if you are hosting the party or attending a formal event. Never fear ladies, there is a new app that can help you get beautified for any of your holiday events.
Launched originally in Las Vegas, the celeb favorited beauty app beGlammed brings the industries top make-up artists and hairstylist’s right to your doorstep with the touch of a button at an affordable price (rates beginning at $65). That’s right ladies you didn’t misread that, they actually go to your front door step!
Created by business and beauty veteran Maile Pacheco, who has worked with A-listers such as Elton John, Celine Dion and Mariah Carey, Pacheco developed the app to help girls on-the-go who don’t have time to stop at the salon to get the VIP experience in the comfort of their own home, office, or hotel room. * Continue Reading →